Winning the 2012 Joan Hessayon Award for New Writers was a magical moment for Choc Lit author Evonne Wareham, but it was just one in many special moments since the release of her romantic suspense debut novel, Never Coming Home.
March 2013 sees the eagerly-awaited release of her next novel, Out of Sight Out of Mind, a paranormal thriller, and I thought I’d ask Evonne a few questions about both the novel and about herself.
1. What would be a one-sentence synopsis of your new novel, Out of Sight Out of Mind, which is to be published in March 2013?
Mind reading scientist meets vagrant – then the fun begins.
2. The scientist in Out of Sight Out of Mind has a talent for reading minds. Is this a talent in which you have some first hand knowledge or experience?
No – this is one case of not writing from experience – strictly imagination.
3. What is your own favourite novel, and are there any particular novelists who have inspired you?
I have too many favourites to count – but my inspiration has to be the great American romantic suspense names – Nora Roberts, Karen Rose, Lisa Gardner, Tami Hoag and a host of others.
4. What is your greatest fear?
No comment. I’ve learned enough from the dangerous men in my books never to make anything known that could be used against you,
5. What is the worst thing anyone’s said to you?
How long do you have? You get used to adverse comment and rejection when you want to become an author – goes with the territory.
BREAKING NEWS There is an exciting bit of ’stop press’ news which can now be revealed about Out of Sight Out of Mind. Following other successful partnerships between Choc lit and National Express, the book is to be available as an exclusive pre publication download in the run up to 14th February – a Valentine gift from Choc lit.
Find out more at www.nationalexpress.choc-lit.com